The Ukrainian State Center which encouraging foreigners to study in Ukraine
The Ukrainian State Center for International Education encourages foreign citizens from countries such as China, India, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Nigeria, Turkey and others to receive higher education in Ukraine. In 2019, the company set a record for the number of foreign students – 80,470 people. The plans and strategies indicate an output of 100,000 by 2025.
The company’s mission is:
- popularization of Ukrainian education;
- providing information support to students and entrants studying at our universities;
- promoting academic exchanges between Ukrainian and foreign universities;
- statistical reports on the provision of services to foreigners by educational institutions.
In the future, by 2025, in addition to the target of 100,000 foreign students, the UDCMO plans to expand teaching. disciplines at universities in English, French and Russian and the development of short-term programs. Also, it is planned to improve the program of online submission of documents, creation of electronic invitations and e-visas, online admission and online recognition of educational documents.
Currently, the company has participated in international events based in Switzerland, USA, Morocco, Brazil, South Africa, Malaysia, Japan, North Korea, Kazakhstan, Poland, Spain, Nigeria, Azerbaijan, India and Turkey. Moreover, for the first time since the independence of Ukraine, the UDCMO participated in:
- the world’s largest international conference on education (NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo)
- Europe’s largest conference on international education (Annual EAIE Conference)
- The largest government summit on higher education in India (FICCI Higher Education Summit & Exhibition)
Importantly, the company provides support to international students 24/7, takes on organizational issues related to transfers and accommodation, cooperates with embassies and diplomatic missions.
Since 2020, a partnership has been concluded on the Erasmus + KA2 project “International Students Adaptation and Integration”, which will last until November 14, 2023.