The state migration service of Ukraine is the Central Executive authority that implements state policy in the field of immigration:
1) organizes the work of taking statements with certain this Law, documents regarding the granting of an immigration permit from persons who are in Ukraine on legal grounds;
2) organize the work of verification of correctness of registration of documents regarding the granting of an immigration permit, the conditions for consent, absence of grounds for refusal in its providing;
3) organizes the work on the adoption of decisions on granting of permissions on immigration, the denial of immigration permission, cancellation of immigration permission and publishing copies of these decisions the persons whom they concern;
4) organizes the work on issuance and withdrawal of the cases under this Act, permanent residence permit;
5) keep a record of persons who have applied on granting of immigration permit and persons who are granted such permission.