The powers of the President of Ukraine on the provision of citizenship.
The question of the acquisition or termination of citizenship of the state are very important, as every citizen of Ukraine has the same rights as other Ukrainians, including being elected President of Ukraine. Thus, the decision on granting citizenship takes the highest head of state personally.
Thus, the President of Ukraine:
1) decide and issue decrees accordingly to the Constitution Of Ukraine and law of Ukraine “On citizenship” of acceptance to the citizenship of Ukraine and termination of citizenship of Ukraine;
2) determines the procedure for petitions and submissions citizenship and the implementation of decisions taken;
3) approve the regulations of the Commission under the President of Ukraine on citizenship issues. The Commission under the President of Ukraine on citizenship:
1) considering the application on granting the citizenship of Ukraine, withdrawal from citizenship of Ukraine and submission about loss of citizenship Of Ukraine and makes proposals to the President of Ukraine regarding satisfaction these statements and representations;
2) returns the documents on granting the citizenship of Ukraine or on withdrawal from the citizenship of Ukraine to the authorized Central body of Executive power on issues of citizenship or the Department of of foreign Affairs of Ukraine for their registration in accordance with the requirements the current legislation of Ukraine.
3) monitors the implementation of decisions taken by the President of Ukraine on citizenship issues.