PERMIT FOR WORK TO FOREIGNERS IN UKRAINE
Stateless persons and foreigners have every right to work in Ukraine, but for this they need to go through the procedure for obtaining permission to work for a foreigner in Ukraine.
The procedure for applying for a work permit is preceded by an employer submitting a vacancy (demand for labor) to the employment center. And only if, as a result of such a submission, an employee – a citizen of Ukraine for this vacancy is not found, it is possible to submit documents for employing a foreigner. This procedure does not need to be followed in case of registration for the position of the head of the company of the person who is the founder of this company!
In order to obtain permission to employ a foreigner, you must submit documents to the employment center. Only the future employer or his representative by proxy has the right to file such documents regarding the foreigner.
Documents that are necessary for the official registration of a permit for the use of labor of a foreigner are:
- statementof the approved form;
- acopy of a document that can confirm that a person has a higher or secondary specialized education (if such a document is issued by a foreign educational institution, it is submitted together with a translation into Ukrainian, certified by a notary and also legalized);
- acopy of the passport of the person whose work permit is issued (along with a notarized translation into Ukrainian);
- 2photos, size 3.5 x 4.5;
- amedical certificate confirming the absence of diseases, the presence of which may interfere with obtaining a work permit for a foreigner in Ukraine;
- certificateof no criminal record;
- acertificate issued by the employer stating that in order to occupy a position it is not necessary to be a citizen of Ukraine or have access to state secret;
- andother documents, depending on the grounds for obtaining permission.
A medical certificate and a certificate of no criminal record, in the case of a foreigner staying at the time of filing documents at an employment center in Ukraine, is obtained in Ukraine. In the event that a foreigner at the time of filing documents is not located in Ukraine, such certificates are issued by the country in which the foreigner resides.
The term for consideration of documents is 7 days.
After the adoption of the order for the issuance of the permit, a copy of such an order is sent to the employer, after which the employer must pay the state fee within ten days. Only after such payment is it possible to obtain a work permit for a foreigner in Ukraine. The size of the state fee is 4 minimum wages.
After obtaining permission to use the labor of a foreigner, the employer must conclude an employment contract with the foreigner. A copy of such an agreement is submitted to the employment center within seven business days from the date of conclusion of such an agreement.
Permission to use the labor of a foreigner is issued relative to a specific person, for work in a particular company in a particular position.
The validity of the permit is not more than one year, with the possibility of renewal an unlimited number of times for the same period.
To renew a work permit, it is necessary to submit, at least 20 calendar days before the expiration of such a permit, the following documents:
– 2 photos measuring 3.5 x 4.5;
– a request to extend the lines of validity of the permit;
– a certificate of criminal record issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
– other documents in which there were changes.
The state fee for the extension of a work permit for a foreigner in Ukraine is not charged.